Media & Communications Coordinator
Status: Full Time
Supervisor: Church Administrator
Posting Date: June 25, 2020
The Media & Communications Coordinator will revolutionize the look of Burnett Fellowship Church, enhance our congregational communication and extend our reach through web, print, video and social media. This person must be called, gifted and passionate in this area and a team player.
- Assist with website creation, maintenance and updates
- Social Media: Develop, implement and oversee social media
- Online and Live video filming, directing and editing productions
- Audio & Visual: Develop, implement and oversee equipment set up (sound board, mics, monitors, computers, screens). Oversee a lay team to run Burnett’s various audio and visual platforms in key ministries/events (live production with band, choir, vocal, computers, screens, etc.).
- Branding & marketing: Work with the Lead Pastor and Administrator in all branding and marketing for Burnett.
- Special events: Oversee audio/visual needs for funerals, weddings, and other events.
- Creative catalyst: Enhance the look of all promotional and print materials.
- Participate in staff meetings, retreats and other events as needed.
- Work with the Administrator to help ministries develop communication plans.
- Maintain supportive working relationships with staff, ministry partners, and volunteers through close collaboration and proactive communication.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Be in agreement with the Burnett Fellowship statement of faith and mission.
- Have a personal relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ as Saviour and be dedicated to growing in His love and being a living example of His teachings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good editing and proofreading skills
- Preferred proficiency in graphic design software and in video editing
- Knowledge of various digital/ audio platforms
- Good knowledge of online platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Website management knowledge
- Knowledge of non-linear editing software
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Good analytical/critical thinking skills
- Exhibits a cooperative and collaborative team-oriented mindset.
- People-oriented: values working with others and helping people
- Able to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt and be flexible
- Personal desire for excellence in work
- Be disciplined and diligent with time management.
- Completion of relevant post-secondary education; 2+ years related experience required
- Ability to speak fluent English.
Time required: 35 hours per week on average
Compensation: The job will be compensated according to the educational back ground and experience of the person. Eligible benefits outlined in Staffing Contract.
Please email a pdf resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
by July 10, 2020