Food & Clothing Ministry
This ministry provides an opportunity for people in our church and community to take part in providing the necessities for the needy by becoming involved in one or more of the following areas:
- Providing sandwich making materials and/or drinks – e.g. baloney, ham, tuna, cheese, peanut butter, jam, margarine, mustard, juice, hot chocolate mix, sandwich bags, etc.
- Providing blankets and new and/or clean used clothing – tops, pants, socks, underwear, jackets, sweaters, etc.
- Providing toiletries – toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors, shampoo, soap, deodorant, etc.
- Preparing for sandwich making – (the first Saturday afternoon of the month from 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm) cutting meat, bread and cheese, setting tables, etc.
- Making sandwiches – after the first Saturday evening service of the month from 7:45 pm – 9:00 pm.
- Sorting clothes – sorting and loading the trailer (Friday afternoons – Ed’s place).
- Distributing the above at three locations in the Downtown Eastside of Vancouver (and taking the leftovers to the Maple Ridge Salvation Army) – the first Sunday of each month, we leave the church at noon, stop at Tim Horton’s for lunch and we’re home by 5:00 pm.
- Praying for the above.
This ministry is spearheaded by our church but shared with a number of churches in the Lower Mainland. Our church’s sandwich-making weekend is the first Sunday of the month.
Everyone is welcome to come and join the team. For more information contact the church office.