Prayer & Bible Reading
J. Sidlow Baxter wrote that “Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons, but they are helpless against our prayers.”
Praying for Your Service
We believe that God is calling some of us to pray with others before each of our services. The focus is to pray for every aspect of the service – those conducting it, our volunteers, those coming to it – and our community. Come join us in the auditorium – Saturdays @ 6:00pm and Sundays @ 9:30am. For more information, please contact Helen Haughton.
Praying with Others
Ladies Prayer time... Wednesday morning at 9:00 am in the Coffee Bar area of the lobby and Wednesday evening at 7:00 pm ... please contact Helen Haughton for the current locations of the prayer groups.
Are you called to Burnett Fellowship’s Prayer Team?
If you fit the following description, please consider joining our prayer team. Some who fit the description will be people who are already on the front line leading ministries, Bible studies, etc., but the key quality that intercessors have is “finding enjoyment in prayer.” Do you have the following qualities?
- Content to be in “behind-the-scenes” ministry.
- A desire to grow in prayer and to learn more about prayer.
- Expecting that God will hear his/her prayer and to answer according to His wisdom.
- Seeing answers to prayer regularly.
- Receiving regular insight and Scripture that informs their praying.
- Tenaciously keeping personal confidences.
- Placing pastors and/or ministries as a high priority in their total prayer life.
- Being sought after by others for prayer or have received a gifting in prayer.
- Enjoying intimacy with the Lord in their daily walk with Him.
- Feeling comfortable praying alone, with others, in different environments, at various times of the day.
To join the Burnett Fellowship prayer team, email Helen Haughton.